Wednesday 20 August 2014

Basic Moose Meatball Recipe - Also for freezer meals!

Our family has only recently become a "hunting" family in the last 4 years, or since we moved to BC. I never grew up on game meat, so adjusting has taken some time and I have now figuring out what works and what doesn't with certain meat . We mainly have moose and deer in the house.



Here is my very basic meatball recipe I like to use with moose meat. Can be used with any other ground meat of course. You can also add more to them but I like to keep it simple so I can adjust it to other recipes in the future. I would add onion to this recipe also but I have a family of picky eaters and I keep onion out.


Ingredients:

1 lb Ground Moose Meat
1 Egg
1/2 cup Corn Flake Crumbs
1/2 tbsp Seasoning Salt
1 1/2 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce


* Makes 2 dozen meatballs.

* Double the recipe for bigger batches.




Directions: 

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Roll into balls that are about an inch big and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, for less mess. Then bake at 350 for 15 mins or until fully cooked.

Let the meatballs cool down and package them with a vacuum sealer and freeze. Don't forget to date them! Then when you are ready to use them just let them thaw in the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment